Tuesday, November 4, 2008

“Wow”, the first time I heard this song I loved it. For awhile it was just me there listening to the beat, and then as I began to listen to the words I realized how much it applied to teenage girls everywhere. This song seemed to be an anthem for the girl with low self esteem, the girl who had just lost her boyfriend, the girl who couldn’t be like anyone else if she wanted to, and the little rocker chick in all of us. Certain things I must say bothered me, but rounding the chorus:
“ I've had a lot of failed relationships
I don't get involved because I'm not equipped
I believe that the world should revolve around me
I don't see the point in a partnership
It won't be long until they start to trip
Yessiree, the whole world should revolve around me!”
This particular song as egotistical as it sounds is empowering, oozes independence, dynamic . . . makes me feel like I can conquer the world single handedly. Obviously this sassy songstress with her modern day afro, unique style, and complete disregard of what other people think of her, has taken a class in individuality. My take on this: "She should keep rocking out"

No comments: